-
-
-
Sandra replied to the topic Secure posting area? in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 8 years ago
Why not secure groups per wip, invited/accepted folk only? Nested below/within a Critique section? Surely mixing them up would soon become unwieldy.
-
-
Squidge replied to the topic Festival Dreams in the forum Blogs 8 years ago
Well done, that man! We LIKE outward facing books…especially when we know the author!
-
-
-
-
John S Alty replied to the topic Logging in in the forum Admin and Technical 8 years ago
I now see the original situation still prevails. Log in on the Writer’s Forum page and nothing happens, then move to Activity and log-in completes. All then OK. But, if I leave the site and come back later to the Writer’s Forum page I appear to have been logged out but if I click on Activity, I see I’m actually still logged in. A WordPress glitch, I think.
-
Sandra posted an update 8 years ago
@xander78 Xander – is that really you? Make sure to join our SE group.
-
-
Athelstone started the topic The Den and its oddities: part 1 – commenting on 'updates' in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 8 years ago
An update is a comment that isn’t part of the thread of a forum topic. Somebody can reply to it or add a further comment. Replies and replies to replies are indented below whatever they are a reply to, comments are not but they all follow in sequence below the original update. Comments on updates are made by clicking on the black speech bubble…[Read more]
-
-
Sandra replied to the topic Wip beginning… in the forum Critiques 8 years ago
Raine, as you know, I’m a lazy, non-analytical reader, so you’re getting facile first impressions from me – and thanks for ‘stochastic’ – but I thought this a really enticing beginning, launching lots of characters, all of whom promised interest, tension and above averagely intelligent entertainment.
-
Daedalus replied to the topic Memories in the forum Critiques 8 years ago
Brilliant, well done John. Please put a link in the Podium when it’s published? You’re on a bit of a roll, there
-
John S Alty replied to the topic Memories in the forum Critiques 8 years ago
Thanks everyone who contributed. A name change from Florence to Felicity, to avoid confusion with a hurricane of that name, a couple more edits and it was picked up by Across The Margin. Should be out in the next week or so. Now titled Felicity’s First.
-
-
Daedalus replied to the topic Wip beginning… in the forum Critiques 8 years ago
Personally I like it. The narrator-y bits make the transitions into a sort of PD slide. If you’re going to introduce a range of geographically dispersed characters in a short piece of text, this seems like a good way to do it. And I like the voice
‘This was a Sunday, the day it began was a Thursday’ – comma splice?
‘Domain’ – Demain? (French for…[Read more]
-
Squidge started the topic Identification – and how you can create it in your novel in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 8 years ago
Rod Duncan’s a great author, very involved in Writing East Midlands. This link to his podcast gives lots of ideas of how to help your readers identify with the characters in your novel. It’s only six minutes long…
- Load More
