-
-
Daedalus replied to the topic Hello All in the forum Coffee Shop 8 years ago
Big step @alanr – best of luck with the subs, keep us posted with your progress
-
Barny replied to the topic Hello All in the forum Coffee Shop 8 years ago
@Squidge – I think you meant to thank @madiguana, the Admin who is custodian of the Den’s twitter channel 🙂
-
-
Squidge replied to the topic Hello All in the forum Coffee Shop 8 years ago
Good to know Mashie’s Twittery thing’s working! (says she who has no idea how to Twitter). Good to have you on board, Alan.
-
Squidge posted an update 8 years ago
@janette @athelstone – thank you! It’s a very short piece, but it was fun to write. Maybe I’m getting my writing mojo back after so much church based writing stuff…
-
Squidge replied to the topic Festival Dreams in the forum Blogs 8 years ago
Oh, brilliant to hear how York was for you, Skylark! And I’m echoing Daeds when he says that you deserve it all, because you are one of the most generous writers I know. (That’s one thing we had oodles of on the cloud – those who were willing to step in and offer help and support to other writers, and I’m glad to see the ethos had carried through…[Read more]
-
Jules replied to the topic Hello All in the forum Coffee Shop 8 years ago
Hi Alan 🙂 Welcome to the Den
-
Daedalus replied to the topic Hello All in the forum Coffee Shop 8 years ago
Hi Alan, good to make your acquaintance
-
Daedalus replied to the topic Festival Dreams in the forum Blogs 8 years ago
Superb blog, Skylark, and a great pleasure to read. I’ve wanted to go to the FoW for years, with it always a bit out of reach, but this year I really wanted to go for the sole reason of seeing your moment of triumph. (Not to mention hearing your words of wisdom). But there will be more such moments and I look forward to seeing them i…[Read more]
-
-
John T replied to the topic Festival Dreams in the forum Blogs 8 years ago
A great York festival (when I feared it might not be with all the changes at Jericho Towers) finished off with the best possible treat of seeing you assume your rightful place as keynote speaker, Mandy. The nerves didn’t show (much) xxx
-
Athelstone replied to the topic Festival Dreams in the forum Blogs 8 years ago
I so wish I’d been there to hear you speak, Skylark. You may be tired of hearing it but you really do deserve your success. Not just for Home, which is a fantastic book, but for the years of contributions to everybody who knows you – the encouragement and the example and damn near 100% good nature and positivity.
-
Athelstone posted an update 8 years ago
@jd73 Enjoyed your comp entry. It reminded me of your namesake’s Struldbruggs (it isn’t you is it, Mr. Swift?) but damned by curiosity rather than fate. And an ending even bleaker than Swift imagined.
-
Athelstone posted an update 8 years ago
@squidge great comp entry. Really enjoyed the play on decoration as a metaphor for life.
-
Athelstone posted an update 8 years ago
@seagreen love the comp entry. Very moving take on the topic.
-
Squidge replied to the topic Den monthly competition September 2018 in the forum Competitions, Open calls and Writing Opportunities 8 years ago
All the colour disappeared from her world the day she moved in with him.
It’s minimalist, he told her. A blank canvas.
Surely, a blank canvas exists for the sole purpose of being filled, she wanted to say.
But didn’t, because it was all too new, too fresh, too…him. And more than anything else, she wanted him.
As time went on she still…[Read more]
-
Squidge posted an update 8 years ago
@janeshuff – Terrible Minds is Chuck Wendig’s blog. Often off-the-wall, pretty sweary at times, but full of useful writing stuff. http://terribleminds.com
-
Jules replied to the topic Den of Writers – Forum Feedback part 2 in the forum Admin and Technical 8 years ago
Yes definitely fine for everyone to post lists of blogs and/or books they found useful. I guess we can see what we get and if it starts to get clunky we can amend it to create master lists.
-
Jules replied to the topic Den of Writers – Forum Feedback part 2 in the forum Admin and Technical 8 years ago
I can look at a plugin to display certain blog rss feeds on the sidebar if you like?
Failing that there’s a lot of writing blogs I’ve found useful. I was going to post a list of them in the lifeboat 🙂
- Load More
