-
-
Raine replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum Coffee Shop 7 years, 11 months ago
So SloMoNoWriMo (!!) looks a go-er! Perhaps a group (no need to be private, I’d have thought) where we can each post our daily intentions/plans/progress, so we can mutually cheer each other on (in slow motion). Whether the plan be just some words, or edit a chapter, or plan a short, or whatever. Or even have a break day (yay for break days filled…[Read more]
-
Seagreen replied to the topic New title needed for 'Snatched' – help! in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 11 months ago
I’m quite partial to Two Cities and the Void
-
Seagreen replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum Coffee Shop 7 years, 11 months ago
That’s 2 of us, Daeds. When were you thinking? And how would it work? I’m quite prepared to set up a support group of some kind if that will help.
-
Raine replied to the topic New title needed for 'Snatched' – help! in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 11 months ago
Ooh I love a good title debate.
Tbh, I’m not a fan of ‘The {x persons}’s {female relative}. BEcause a) there’s been a gazillion of them, and b) it reduces the woman/girl to an addendum to their male relative. Also, I think ‘The Time-stealers Daughter’ is too close to The Time Traveller’s Wife for me. I know that’s adult, and a bit dated now, but…[Read more]
-
Raine replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum Coffee Shop 7 years, 11 months ago
😀 @seagreen. Perhaps December could be a Den SloMoWriMo, because December and writing do not appear to ever co-exist anyway!
-
John S Alty replied to the topic Monthly comp – October 2018 in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 11 months ago
The Banjo
The phone rings in the lost property office at Euston Station in London.
“Lost Property, Smith speaking, how may we help?”
He takes a sip from his tea, listens.
“Yes, sir, anything left on a train on this line ends up here. Assuming it’s turned in, like. What have you lost?
“So, a banjo is it sir? Well let me have a look, won’t be…[Read more] -
John S Alty replied to the topic Short Story Publication/Competition in the forum Podium 7 years, 11 months ago
Well done, good job as usual, L!
-
Seagreen replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum Coffee Shop 7 years, 11 months ago
Not tempted by the NaNoWriMo, but if the Den does a SLoMoWriMo, I’m in!
-
Seagreen replied to the topic Short Story Publication/Competition in the forum Podium 7 years, 11 months ago
Congratulations, L. Another fine story 🙂
-
Raine replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum Coffee Shop 7 years, 11 months ago
😀 @jd73 Although 1,666 isn’t much less daunting!
So I am signing up, but making myself no promises. We’ll see. I need to do some serious planning before it kicks off. I think I’m raine_clouds on there.
-
Raine replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum Coffee Shop 7 years, 11 months ago
Tempted. I don’t think I’d hit the target what with, yanno, issues. BUt I do have a new wip that I need to get a move on and actually start, and it would be good to have an excuse not to edit for a while!
Never done it before – do you post your actual text or do you just input your word count each day?
Just done the maths – assuming no writing…[Read more]
-
Seagreen replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum Coffee Shop 7 years, 11 months ago
I still haven’t done the challenge you set me on Fb, so the chance of me writing 50,0000000 words in the space of a month is quite slim 🙂
-
Seagreen replied to the topic Monthly comp – October 2018 in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 11 months ago
I know it doesn’t work in quite the same way, but *Bump*
-
Seagreen replied to the topic Opinion about title in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 11 months ago
It’s a toss-up between a children’s picture book and the ‘unofficial’ biography of a Hollywood A-lister.
-
John S Alty posted an update 7 years, 11 months ago
Listening to an old Jimmy Buffett album. Doesn’t have the same impact it did when listening to it lying on the deck of my boat with a glass of rum in my hand, swinging to the anchor in a Caribbean bay.
-
-
Seagreen replied to the topic Monthly comp – October 2018 in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 11 months ago
I’m living on me nerves, so I am, wondering where the next comp entry is coming from… I know there’s one out there. I can feel it, see?
And it scares me. -
Sandra posted an update 7 years, 11 months ago
Off Down Under for a few weeks – back back end of November. Lots of rooms, and a train, with lots of views. All writing longhand.
-
John S Alty replied to the topic Titles in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 12 months ago
Tangled Web (A, The, What a, Weaving a,)
Untangled Web - Load More
