admin

  • Raine posted an update 8 years ago

    Am trying to convince myself that toblerone counts as a healthy snack because almonds.

    • I had the sane thought this morning about jam, because fruit. Also it was home made and I must have burned off a few calories mashing the fruit and stirring it

      • That’s the same reasoning that makes me walk 15 minutes to the chip shop, Daedalus.

        • The logic is incontestable

          • Raine!! You’ve Toblerone? I think that is a word that should be banned from this site for setting up an atmosphere of deep envy and greed. And nasty thoughts towards those that have when I have not. .

            • All calories fall out of food once you break them up. So toblerone only has calories until you snap a piece off, then poof. All gone.

            • Raine replied 8 years ago

              From this robust survey, it sounds incontrovertibly like toblerone is indeed healthy. Sandra I will save you a triangle for next time we meet up. Maybe.

    • Almonds, Raine – healthy of course.
      And honey, which is healthy because it is bee-puke, which is about as natural (and therefore healthy) as anything can be.
      And there’s chocolate, which is made of milk – naturally, this is healthy because cows are healthy and these are Swiss cows so they eat Swiss grass and the Swiss are very healthy because of…[Read more]

  • Raine replied to the topic Hello All in the forum Coffee Shop 8 years ago

    @alanr It’s definitely v tricky to find a balance between not selling yourself enough, and being horribly ott, isn’t it? Factual seems to work best. Actually ‘tidy’ isn’t bad! Means you havent waffled on too long or included unnecessary info which can both be fatal.

    Hope the 1:1s gave you some direction for what could be changed, even the…[Read more]

  • Raine replied to the topic New Blog from Emma Darwin in the forum Blogs 8 years ago

    Go you @janeshuff! I think @skylark, and others have done the 100 day thing and found it helpful. I think I would falter at the weekends – RL being inconsiderate and getting in the way!

  • Raine replied to the topic Festival Dreams in the forum Blogs 8 years ago

    Skylark, I have no doubts you were splendid and inspiring, and I wish I’d been there to see you shine. Everyone who knew you there must have been bursting with vicarious pride. What a wonderful boost too, to have the chance to talk through book two with your ed – can’t wait to see where that one takes us. COngrat my lovely!

  • Raine replied to the topic Hello All in the forum Coffee Shop 8 years ago

    Good luck @alanr! If you want a hand with cover letters etc, then post in the Forum & I (and others) will be happy to throw some advice at you! 🙂

  • That you research meticulously and have a great imagination? 😄

    I thought that was probably the case with the girl’s age, inevitably there are going to be things that have already been covered with an excerpt that starts some way in. Enjoyed reading it, and look forward to seeing more

  • Daedalus replied to the topic Hello All in the forum Coffee Shop 8 years ago

    Big step @alanr – best of luck with the subs, keep us posted with your progress

  • Barny replied to the topic Hello All in the forum Coffee Shop 8 years ago

    @Squidge – I think you meant to thank @madiguana, the Admin who is custodian of the Den’s twitter channel 🙂

  • Jules replied to the topic Hello All in the forum Coffee Shop 8 years ago

    Hi Alan 🙂 Welcome to the Den

  • Daedalus replied to the topic Hello All in the forum Coffee Shop 8 years ago

    Hi Alan, good to make your acquaintance

  • Daedalus replied to the topic Festival Dreams in the forum Blogs 8 years ago

    Superb blog, Skylark, and a great pleasure to read. I’ve wanted to go to the FoW for years, with it always a bit out of reach, but this year I really wanted to go for the sole reason of seeing your moment of triumph. (Not to mention hearing your words of wisdom). But there will be more such moments and I look forward to seeing them i…[Read more]

  • Yes definitely fine for everyone to post lists of blogs and/or books they found useful. I guess we can see what we get and if it starts to get clunky we can amend it to create master lists.

  • I can look at a plugin to display certain blog rss feeds on the sidebar if you like?

    Failing that there’s a lot of writing blogs I’ve found useful. I was going to post a list of them in the lifeboat 🙂

  • Daedalus replied to the topic Memories in the forum Critiques 8 years ago

    Only just got to this. Great stuff. Works by itself or could be part of something longer. I had a couple of comments and then I realised there was an updated version that had addressed them. Great voice, and I love Florence’s, ahem, sangfroid and acerbic wit.

    Tiny editing thing – Medical Corps rather than Corp.

  • I really enjoy this Sophie. I thought it really came alive when we were inside the room and inside his head. Really compelling internal monologue, lots of info and hints at info contained within the that but none of it telegraphed. Just enough to intrigue and pull you in. You do this sort of ‘dark underbelly’ of society so well.

    I think the oth…[Read more]

  • Load More